About this Opening
Welcome to your opportunity to join a fast-paced technical leadership team in a growing industry!
This position will require a candidate with exceptional technical skills, professional interpersonal communication, and a can-do attitude. Excellent leadership and problem solving skills are key attributes.
The ideal candidate will work with a team of technical professionals to plan and coordinate all aspects of the elevator & lift construction process, including coordinating with our field superintendents and technicians, and working with general contractors, architects, engineers, and vendors.
A project manager manages many active projects from inception to completion and is responsible to ensure that our team gets the job done on time and on budget, with the quality and safety that we hang our hat on. The position is high-paced and requires a flexible and communicative professional with excellent computer skills, communication, and follow through.
This position will focus on residential and commercial lift and specialty elevator projects throughout the State of California and will include training both on site in California and at our headquarters in Duluth, MN.
- Plan, organize, & control the construction planning, logistics, and installation process for residential & commercial LU/LA elevators, wheelchair lifts, material handling lifts, and associated devices
- Work alone and with a team to identify efficiency gains, serve customers, and resolve problems as necessary
- Learn & teach new team members
- Multi-task with patience and diligence
- Demonstrate and maintain a clean driving record
- Safety awareness & compliance
- Develop safety code and regulatory knowledge
- Attain licensure/certification in elevator field and meet continuing education requirements
- Operate general computer equipment/devices
- Interface with general contractors, architects, authorities having jurisdiction (inspectors) and customers directly
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer and phone skills
- Strong appetite for learning and professional development
- Basic knowledge of construction methods and practices
- Willingness to travel up to 25% (most work is office based out of Clovis, CA, but occasional overnight travel for training or project site visits may occur)
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Clean driving record
- Completion of Bachelors degree (Business Administration, Operations Management, Construction Management, or Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience
- Experience with construction best practices and building codes
- Familiarity with electronic, electro-mechanical, and fluid-powered (hydraulic) systems
- Submit application
- Attach resume listing technical and construction experience
- Provide minimum of 2 referrals with contact information